Who We Are
Arizona Roller Derby (AZRD) was founded in 2003, it is the second-oldest and one of the best-established flat track leagues in the world. We are a member-owned/member-operated 501 (c)3 non-profit organization composed of skaters, officials, coaches, and volunteers. AZRD is also a charter member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), the only international governing body to regulate interstate play for flat track roller derby.
To foster the sport of flat track roller derby as a member owned and operated organization.
- To enrich the lives of AZRD participants through athletic and social experience.
- To engage the interest and support of flat track roller derby with the local community.
- To contribute to the growth of local commerce and culture.
- To develop internationally competitive members.
- Cultivate A Sense Of Belonging – we are committed to a culture of solidarity and belonging while creating an all-embracing, safe, and positive environment.
- Operate With Integrity – we value transparency, trust, and honesty through respectful and empathetic communication, feedback, and actions.
- Foster Healthy Growth and Competition – we support a competitive and encouraging environment and value the challenges of growth and athleticism among our members.
AZRD welcomes all genders, sexual orientations, races, and religions. Much of our success is an unequivocal outcome of the support of our sponsors, volunteers, and fans. Our community is vital to our growth as a non-profit within Phoenix and Tempe as well as surrounding areas in Arizona. Click here to learn more.